We love to teach our customers both what we know and how we learned it. Our catalog listed here shows you some of the courses we’ve taught over and over, but there’s a lot more we can offer.
- Cary Millsap has several days worth of course material, including his popular and award-winning “Thinking Clearly about Performance” (which can be customized into a multi-day event in itself), his work on software instrumentation, and his work on the software development process.
- Ron Crisco leads popular SQL and PL/SQL optimization courses that can blend into a multi-week shoulder-to-shoulder coaching session with your developers.
- And C. J. Date... A week in the classroom with Chris Date is an unforgettable, historically significant experience that will change the way you think about databases forever.
If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for here, contact us; we can help.
This course, designed and taught by Cary Millsap, is the perfect follow-up to the beloved Optimizing Oracle Performance book. It describes the principles behind performance problem solving and prevention, linking them together in a coherent journey covering the goals, the terms, the tools, and the decisions that you need to maximize your application’s chance of having a long, productive, high-performance life. Examples in this course touch upon Oracle experiences, but the scope of the course is not restricted to Oracle products.
Oracle trace files explain in detail where your programs spend your time. With the right understanding and tools, they help you answer questions that you won’t answer any other way:
- Why do your programs run for so long? Is there a problem in your database? Someplace else?
- How much time should that program take? Is it efficient? Does it waste resources?
- What performance changes will your users notice if you change something about your system?
This customizable course, designed and taught by Ron Crisco, transforms application developers and database administrators into fearless SQL optimizers. Here, students learn to measure performance instead of guessing about it. The course produces faster students writing faster SQL that will scale efficiently to handle your production workloads.
C. J. Date is the world’s best known relational advocate. His innovative approach to teaching database design theory will help you create robust, flexible, and accurate real-world databases. This seminar will benefit professionals using Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and DB2 systems alike.